| Advisor to President attended the ECOSAI meeting |
| 2016/10/24 |
The 16th Training Committee Meeting, the 21st Governing Board Meeting, 7th ECOSAI Assembly and 7th ECOSAI Symposium were held by the Turkish Court of Accounts in Ankara from 17-18 October 2016. The delegations from Supreme Audit Institutions of Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan Turkey, Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan attended the meetings. On behalf of the Supreme Audit Court of I. R. Iran (SAC), Mr. Mahdi Dehrouyeh, Advisor to President, attended the meetings.
Some of the most important decisions of the same meetings includes:
• Report of the 16th ECOSAI Training Committee Meeting was approved
• Annual financial report and accountability report of ECOSAI was approved.
• The report of publication of the ECOSAI Circular was presented
• ECOSAI 2016-2021 Strategic Plan was unanimously approved
• Signature of Memorandum of Understanding between ECOSAI Member States was stressed on
• Conduct of joint audits were strongly encouraged
• Work for rendering ECOSAI as a regional working group of INTOSAI was decided to be continued
• Turkish Court of Accounts was re-elected as the ECOSAI President for 2016-2019 period.
• While SAIs of Afghanistan, Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan were elected for the Governing Board, SAIs of Iran and Tajikistan were elected for the Audit Committee for the period in question.• The decision was taken to increase and intensify the training activities for the SAIs in line with the 1st objective of the 2016-2021 ECOSAI Strategic Plan regarding the promotion of capacity building activities of member SAIs.
The country paper of the SAC under the title of : "Challenges Facing the Adoption and Application of ISSAIs and how to Overcoming hem" presented to the 7th ECOSAI Symposium.
It is noteworthy to mention that ECOSAI is a regional forum of the Supreme Audit Institutions of the South and Central Asian regions. Founded in 1994, the ECOSAI aims at promoting the state auditing profession in member countries through exchange of ideas, experiences and by holding seminars, conferences, workshops and training courses. ECOSAI comprises of SAIs Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Islamic Republic of Iran, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
The Supreme Audit Court of I. R. Iran is one of the founding members of the same organization.